Saturday, January 1, 2011

My New Year Confession

So, I have a few confessions to make on the first day of 2011.

I did not spend my New Year's Eve in an overpriced club, where the champagne glass is a joke and the "cheap" drinks are almost impossible to get through the mounds of people trying to get the bartender's attention. I was not dressed in the outfit that I was planning to wear yesterday. I did not get drunk with friends and say things I may have regretted. I did not countdown with a crowd of people downtown in the cold.

I had plans to go to Niagara Falls and enjoy New Year's there but that fell through. After feeling disappointed for about five minutes, I blasted music that made me feel great, danced around in my undies like nobody's business, played dress up and enjoyed my Bailey's on the rocks! And you know what? I had a blast with myself!!! (And get your mind out of the gutter, if you're thinking of other things.)

With all this studying I have been doing about personal growth, self improvement, the law of attraction and other laws of the Universe, I am a true believe that things happen for a reason, whether we may like it or not. And that it is mainly what we are attracting to us by our own vibrations that places us in whatever circumstances we are in.  So I found it fitting that I spent bringing in 2011 alone. Not LONELY, just alone, at least physically. There is a huge difference between feeling lonely and being alone. I was alone, but I was filled with so much joy from within. I danced in front of my huge mirror and realized that I had everything I needed; my health, my family, my friends, my confidence, my creativity, my mind, my thoughts, my free will! And as I was dancing in my room, I simply focused on those great things and in bringing more of what I wanted into my life. I became really excited about it. And if I am not able to bring that excitement to and for myself, who will? No one.

If we are depending on someone else to bring us happiness and love, we are embarking on an impossible journey. Sure, we may get the immediate satisfaction of another's affections and appraisals, but when that person is done, do we still feel complete or are we empty again? If we are empty again, we were there for the wrong reasons. It is more of a selfish addiction, like any other drug, leaving our system. But, if we can still stand strong and walk upon the Earth with a confidence and inner peace with ourselves, then that is a whole other story.

Going back to my New Year's Eve, after getting my dance on and letting that energy run through and out of me, it was time for a shift. I tidied up my room a little (always great and simple way to cleanse yourself), got anther glass of Bailey's, got my mother one as well, turned down the lights and searched for inspiration. I go to Finerminds.com for that. And I'd like to share with you what I watched last night that put things into perspective for me.

http://www.finerminds.com/love-relationships/sean-stephenson-love-relationships/

The man's name is Sean Stephenson. This series of videos is called "The #1 Killer and Attractor of Love- How to create a deep attraction". The amazing thing about him is that he has a physical condition in which by the time he was 13 years old, had already fractured 200 bones!!! His mother was told her would not make it at birth and he is now in his 30's, thriving and spreading messages of love and empowerment. Please take the time to watch this. I promise it will change the way you see things. It certainly has done that for me. It was the perfect ending to my 2010 and the even more perfect beginning to my 2011.

I wish you all a joyous, loving and prosperous 2011 and beyond! Find your inner peace and inner strength and you can conquer the world.

And those are my thoughts this early afternoon, on the first day of a new beginning.

Chia

No comments:

Post a Comment